Followers

April 06, 2016

Review ~ The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies #5) by Pittacus Lore

The Revenge of Seven cover


Synopsis:
The Garde have suffered an unbearable loss. Number Five has betrayed them. Eight is gone forever. Ella has been kidnapped. The others are now scattered.

In Chicago, John makes the unlikeliest of allies: Adam, a Mogadorian who turned his back on his people. He has invaluable information about Mog technology, battle strategies, and weaknesses. Most important, he knows where to hit them: their command base near Washington, DC. During the assault, however, John and Adam learn the unimaginable truth: it is too late. The Mogadorians have commenced their ultimate invasion plans.

With a front-row seat to the impending invasion, Ella finds herself in the hands of the enemy. For some reason she's more valuable to them alive, and they'll stop at nothing to turn her.

Meanwhile, Six, Nine, and Marina make their way through the Florida Everglades, hot on the trail of the traitorous Five. With the development of a new Legacy, Marina finally has the power to fight back—if her thirst for revenge doesn't consume her first.

Purchase Links:
Amazon | B&N | iTunes | kobo | book depository

Review:
This series is finally--finally--getting somewhere, though nowhere near the end.

Our heroes are not stuck in the middle of nowhere anymore, getting themselves in trouble. The action in this book is what I have been craving for in the last four books. I've been getting tired of them facing the same old Mogs, and I'm so happy to see that their fights have leveled up. The Revenge of Seven is certainly the most interesting book in the series so far.

I don't see much development in the characters, which is a huge letdown. This is the 5th book, yet I feel like the Loric are still the same as they were when I first met them. John and Sarah are still drooling all over each other and their neediness still make me want to scratch my skin off with a rake. UGH.

The title is also a huge letdown. I would have liked to see Marina/Seven unleash an uncontrollable rage here, given the title and what happened to Eight, but I didn't get anything here aside from her cold silence. She doesn't have a POV in this book, which is a huge disappointment because I would have liked to read the emotional turmoil going on inside her after Eight. Unfortunately, this book, this series, is all about the action and war and Four and Pittacus and Lorien. Marina has so much potential, if only the authors are exploring her.


This series has been through a lot of twists and turns that I don't even know what to do with the information being dumped on me. I guess I'll just go with the flow. Please tell me the next book is even better, and that I won't end up being disappointed after all this time.

~ Zee

0 comments:

Post a Comment