Followers

August 22, 2015

Fangirl Diary ~ This Week's Book Haul



This post is a little lengthy, but it's all about books, I promise. *wink*

Books
All of the books I have acquired in the span of one week. Don't judge.

My local book store held a warehouse sale where the books were up to 90% off. Being the bookworm (and book hoarder) that I am, of course I didn't let the opportunity pass. I mean, dude, that's 90% off! Who wouldn't take that bait? So I went with my friends and cobloggers, A and Djan. Unfortunately, what seemed like every reader in the country decided that they'd go check out the sale, too.

The place was very crowded. There was a long line in the entrance, and it was even worse inside. I couldn't go anywhere without rubbing or bumping against other people. Sometimes we had to push past people just so we wouldn't get stuck in one place or be squeezed into a corner. I didn't dare take a picture of the place because I was afraid I'd bump someone and drop it and lose it altogether in a sea of people. I think a club's dance floor is more roomy than that warehouse at the time.

It was hard to get good books because of the number of people looking for the same good titles, and the copies of recent releases and bestsellers were limited so we had to grab it fast when we see a book we wanted. Fortunately, I was able to find some really good titles, even though I only got five.

Books


Into The Still Blue (Under The Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi - I've already read this in ebook, but I loved it so much so I want to collect the whole trilogy in paperback edition. The first two books weren't on the sale, or at least I didn't see them so I still have yet to acquire those. I got it for P50, which is just a little more than $1.

Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society #2) by Ally Carter - I've already read this one in ebook, too. I wasn't thinking of collecting the series, but then it was only $75 or less than $2. I couldn't let it pass. *wink*)

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1) by Pittacus Lore - I've been wanting to read this one. I am so glad I found it on sale because buying it in its original price is too expensive considering it's an ongoing series. I'll just have to get the sequels in book sales, too. LOL

The Care and Taming of a Rogue (Adventurer's Club #1) by Suzanne Enoch - I became a bookworm because of historical romances. Until now I am still addicted to those rogues-in-the-clothes-of-a-gentleman heroes. *hands in the air*

A Lady Never Surrenders (Hellions of Halstead Hall #5) by Sabrina Jeffries - That title. I like my heroines with a steel backbone, and I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this one. *grin*



I'd like to say I have full control over myself when it comes to buying books even when they are on sale, but that's not the case. I am totally not myself the moment I enter a book store. It's like a bibliophile spirit is possessing me and I'm having this urge to buy lots of books so I'll never run out of reading materials. So the next day, I went to one of my local book stores called Chapters and Pages. They sell used books for cheap prices. I bought four books: one for my mother, one for my sister, and two for myself. *sheepish grin*

Books


Secret Song (Medieval Song #4) by Catherine Coulter
The Wedding Night of an English Rogue by Jillian Hunter
Holding the Dream (Dream Trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts
Castles (Crown's Spies #4) by Julie Garwood


I'd like to say my book hoarding adventures ended there, but no. Not even close. I also bought four books with their original price.

A few days later, the mailman came knocking at my door with two packages for me. I love it when I get something in the mail, be it a letter or a parcel. My favorite thing to receive in the mail is swag packs, because that means signed items. I love signed bookmarks because it's the most affordable thing I can have with an autograph, since the shipping cost for a book is expensive. We don't get many authors here (certainly not self-published ones) so it's the most affordable way I can have their autographs.

Anyway, let's go back to the mailman carrying two packages package for me. The first one is a book I won from a giveaway in Facebook. I'm also a sucker for giveaways because they're fun to participate in. Not many are open internationally, and that sucks for me especially when I really want the item being given away.

Signed by Brenda Kennedy
Shattered Dreams by Brenda Kennedy



Shattered Dreams (Freedom Trilogy #1) by Brenda Kennedy - I haven't read any of her books, but I hope I'd like this one.


The other package is amazon, containing my happiness. It had only two books, but I decided to put all four in one picture since I bought them all without discount.

books

What I bought from Amazon:

Promise of Shadows by Justina Ireland - This is one of the books I bought from Amazon. It's not available in my local bookstores so I decided to take the plunge and pay for shipping just so I can get this book.

Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone - This is one of the books in my must-have-physically list, no matter how expensive. There aren't many books in that list, and I think that's saying something. :)


What I bought in my local book store:

Time Between Us (Time Between Us #1) by Tamara Ireland Stone

Time After Time (Time Between Us #2) by Tamara Ireland Stone


Guys, if you only know how much I wanted Tamara Ireland Stone's books. I have lost track of how many months I've been wishing to have Time Between Us and its sequel, and now that I finally have them, I feel like doing cartwheels. As it is, I'm already doing my routine: fangirl butt shake. Just look at all three of them together:


Tamara Ireland Stone books

Beautiful, aren't they? ;)


That's not the end of my book hoarding adventures, though. I know, I know. I myself can't believe that I bought quite a number of books in just one week's time.

So another local bookstore held a sale in their main branch, but they didn't announce it in their social media pages so only a few readers were there when we went. Thankfully, I've controlled myself and only bought one book. I just couldn't resist it.

Embers and Echoes



Embers and Echoes (Wildefire #2) by Karsten Knight - I'll have to hunt for the first and last book, but that's okay. I don't have a problem buying more books. LOL


Finally, we're getting to the end of my post. If you  this far, thank you for reading this lengthy post of my book hoarding adventures. Who knows, maybe you buy more books in one week. Maybe not. Tell me in the comments if you do, and mention the most number of books you have acquired in just one week. Tell me I'm not the only one. Tell me it's okay. Tell me there is nothing wrong with me. LOL!

That's it. For now. It's the 36th Manila International Book Fair next month, so I'll be posting more. *wink*

BooksBooks


~ Zee

0 comments:

Post a Comment