Followers

October 16, 2014

Review ~ Where Love Finds You (Unspoken #1) by Marilyn Grey







Synopsis:


BOOK 1 OF THE UNSPOKEN SERIES

Ella and Matthew have many differences, but they share a common goal: to find the one person they are meant to spend their lives with.

Years ago, Ella Rhodes looked across a crowded cafe and saw the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. She left her number, but he never called. Wondering if he somehow missed the note on the back of the receipt, she spent her twenties waiting for this man to walk into her life again. After all this time, will Ella finally discover “the one” she’s been waiting for? Or, after being sent on various blind dates, will she give her heart to someone else?

Meanwhile, Matthew Ryan breaks up with his long-time girlfriend. Searching his heart he wonders if there is really a “one” for every person, or if there is simply a good, better, and best. Where does Lydia, the girl who would do anything for him, fit into the story of his life? Confused, Matthew sets out to explore his options and find the love he’s been looking for his entire life. Will he find love before it’s too late or will he lose everything?

Purchase from:

Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Smashwords


Review:

I'm in love with the cover. :)

I believe love really finds you, not the other way around. I think that sometimes, some people looking for love doesn't end up really falling in love with the person but only on the idea of being in love. I'm also a big fan of "waiting for the right time", and I believe that when that time comes, you will know. That's one (or rather two) of the reasons why I liked the title and the book itself.

Where Love Finds You reminds me of the phrase "so close yet so far away". There's someone out there, and sometimes that someone is so close and you just have no idea yet. You just have to be patient and wait until love finds you.

I admire how Ella waited patiently and faithfully for that 'someone', and that no matter what the others told her she didn't lose hope. I can also relate on some of her self-reflections (and I'm sure a lot of other readers, too). I can relate on how she thinks about her past and wonder what would have happened had she chosen differently, if maybe she's the one who needed to change, and so and so. But then I'm also reminded that dwelling so much in the past won't change anything, and you have to remember that you're living in the present and you just have to make the best of it. As Dee said: "If you keep trying to fix the past and plan the future you will never live today."

And Matthew. This guy is always over-thinking things. I've picked up a thing or two from his relationship. If you don't keep tending the fire, it'll burn out. You'll think about so many what ifs and get carried away with it (is there a one? is she it? what else is out there? blah blah). You get carried away and then you stop being content. You stop being content, you and your partner starts drifting off. I just love books that get me thinking about things in life, and this book has so much of it.

In the end, I didn't know if I want to laugh or hurl a furniture over a wall because of the twist. And a twist it is. I like how Miss Grey played with her characters; it reminds me that nothing is ever as it seems. Boy, oh boy, was I tricked. But a book without a few tricks is boring, right?

I'm rating this only four stars because there were some parts that I felt like Ella and Matthew have the same "voice". Different point of views and its "voices" is what ruins it for me sometimes. But other than that, I really liked this book. Now I keep wondering when and where love will find me.

If you're a hopeless romantic like me, please give this book a try. ;)



~ Zee

0 comments:

Post a Comment