Followers

March 28, 2016

Review ~ I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1)

I Am Number Four cover


Synopsis:

Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books--but we are real. Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. We have lived among you without you knowing. But they know. They caught Number One in Malaysia.Number Two in England.And Number Three in Kenya.They killed them all. I am Number Four. I am next.

Purchase links:
Amazon | B&N | iTunes | kobo | book depository

Review:

I Am Number Four is. . .surprisingly mushy for a Children's/Sci-Fi Book, not to mention having been written by a male author. *grimaces*

I don't dislike romance--I love it. However, this book has taken me completely by surprise with how mushy it is. I totally didn't expect that. The worse thing is, it's not even sweet. It's awfully corny. Ack. I about puked at all of Sarah and John's interactions. Romance is clearly far from Pittacus Lore's (or whoever he is) forte, if this book is any indication. I hope the next books are better than this, because I am definitely going to read the rest of the series.

Putting the author's failed attempt at romantic chemistry between his characters aside, I enjoyed this book. I'd say I like the plot, but it's mostly made up of Sarah and John's interactions as they fall in love, so. . .yeah. I like the the premise, though, no matter how common it is. I would have liked to see more action than what I got, like in the movie. The movie is definitely more action-packed than the book. The characters need a little more work; they lack character. (Is that what you call an irony?) There are a lot of details missing , which is vital to the plot, that caused confusion, but I hope I'll see them in the next books as the story and characters develop.


Despite the failed attempt at romance, I Am Number Four is very reader-friendly. The narration is very simple, so it's easy to adapt.

~ Zee

0 comments:

Post a Comment