Followers

August 27, 2014

Review ~ Diety (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout







Synopsis:

"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "


Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...


Buy from:

Amazon | B&N


Review:


Have I proclaimed my undying love for Jennifer Armentrout?

She just did it again. There is something addictive and compelling with the way she writes, and Deity is no exception. This third installment of the Covenant series is worth a thousand brownie points. This series just keeps getting better and better with each book.

Deity reveals more mystery but also created new ones. If Pure was the waves in the ocean, then Deity is a tsunami. It is fast-paced and even more action-packed than the first two books which, being the girl who loves action, really hooked my attention. I don’t know how Armentrout keeps getting better, but I hope she doesn’t stop. Deity is an intense read that made me want to turn this whole book into a movie just to see it play out right in front of my eyes.

The plot twists are simply stunning, especially Leon. I never really gave him that much thought but I really liked his impeccable timing and to know why he keeps popping up the worst possible time for Alex and Aiden is just mind-blowing. And Aiden’s brother, Deacon. After Caleb, Deacon has become a very strong secondary character, and I hope he doesn’t die, too. To know his love interest was very shocking because I never would have guessed.

Marcus is really coming through in this book. While he seems to be the bad guy along with Lucian in the first two books because that’s how Alex sees him, we get to see him in a new light in this book. Armentrout doesn’t waste a character. Everyone, no matter how insignificant he seemed in the first two books, have a role to fulfill in the future.

I’m starting to see Seth in a new light, too. Though my suspicions are confirmed that he’s just after the power, I can somehow understand why he is so willing to stand by Lucian and do what he wants. No matter what he did in this book, I think I am starting to like him.

Both Seth and Aiden gets center-stage in this book. I love their banters. Aiden is not the sarcastic type but he takes Seth in stride. Alex is still her usual sarcastic self, and as entertaining as ever. Though there are times that I want to thump her in the head because she just can’t seem to stop being stupid.

Another thing that makes Deity a bad ass book is the surprises it contains. We finally get to meet some of the Greek gods here and see where they stand in this brewing war.

I hate cliffhangers (and this  one is!) but I’m going to let this go because I’ll get to read the next book as soon as possible. I am so glad I am now just reading this book else I might have suffered the very bad effects of cliffhangers. Deity doesn’t disappoint; the best in the series so far.


~ Zee

0 comments:

Post a Comment