Followers

October 14, 2015

Bookish Diary ~ October Book Haul

Once upon a time, there was a girl torn between two books. . .

. . .but eventually said, "Screw it, I'll buy them both." And she lived happily ever after.

Meh. Actually, she didn't. Live happily ever after, I mean. Come on, we all know two books are not quite the source of happily ever after. It's more like two million. *wink*

Anyway, on to my book haul. When I buy books, I usually do it in one go because traffic is a real bitch here in my part of the country, and even going to the book store that is only about two miles away can take ten years and three weeks. So when I say book haul, I do mean a book haul.

My (Zee) book haul
I have been coveting pretty much everything in this picture. I'm so happy I finally have them.

My to-read list just keeps on piling up. I don't even want to look at my unread kindle ebooks. I am officially a book hoarder. Still, I'm a happy girl. I still have no idea how I'm going to fit them in my shelf (which is about two books away from bursting). Wish me luck, or better yet, if you have an organization technique hidden in the pockets of your mind, please throw them my way.


White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1)
Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements #2)
Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements #3)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I'm not very patient when it comes to books that interest me, but--zeus--this series really tried my patience. I've been wanting to read this since more than a year ago, but the second book hasn't came out then, and when it finally did I learned that there's a love triangle (I'm sorry if that's a spoiler) and I just had to wait a year for the last book to come out. I suck at love triangles, guys. I hate it, and it leaves my heart broken when I have no idea if the guy I'm rooting for will be the one. Now I'm finally going to find out--and I really, really hope that I won't get my heart broken. Again.


Bad Girls Don't Die (Bad Girls Don't Die #1)
From Bad To Cursed (Bad Girls Don't Die #2)
As Dead As It Gets (Bad Girls Don't Die #3)
by Katie Alender

This one is a kind of a funny story. I bought the third book first--for my sister. She saw it in the bookstore and walked up to me saying, "I want this." Then when I checked it out in Goodreads when we got home, I saw that it was the last book in a trilogy. Imagine how loud my groan was and how my sister and I stared at each other before laughing. I've had As Dead As It Gets for a year now, and I was only able to buy the first book last month (I forgot about the series until I saw it in Manila International Book Fair). Still, my sister and I refused to read it because of possible cliffhangers. Today, though, I finally completed the series. Proceed to my book appointments then, books.


The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2)
by Marie Lu

The much-anticipated sequel of The Young Elites. If you know what happened in its ending, you'll understand my pain and the torture I went through while waiting for this sequel. It will be another round of torture waiting for the third book, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it--in about eight hours. Huh.

Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes #2)
by Sara Raasch

*fangirl dance* I only read this book a couple of weeks ago because I didn't want to feel the torture of waiting too long for this sequel. Seriously, I've had enough of waiting a year for sequels--not. Anyway, I really loved Snow Like Ashes. You can see how much I loved it here. Unfortunately, all book stores in my country don't have the hardcover edition yet--they all ordered the International edition, which is a paperback. I wanted it too much to wait for the hardcover edition, so I just bought this paperback. I guess I'll just get the hardcover when it's available just so I can be consistent in my collection. I smell a possible giveaway in the future for this exact book.


Side Effects May Vary
by Julie Murphy

There's this girl I found in Goodreads whose opinion I trust when it comes to great books. It takes a lot to impress her--and I mean a lot. So far, her reviews hasn't lead me astray when it comes to good books. She was impressed with this one, so I decided to give it a try.


The Last Time We Said Goodbye
by Cynthia Hand

I loved her Unearthly series, and it's usually a good sign for me when an author has written good fantasy/paranormal/dystopian/sci-fi books and then published a contemporary one. I'm pretty excited in reading this one.


 When You Give a Duke a Diamond
by Shana Galen


by Gaelen Foley


If you're reading this post and you've read a book or five mentioned above, feel free to let me know how much you liked/hated it. Toodles!

~Zee

2 comments:

  1. Great haul!
    I read White Hot Kiss one month ago? Anyways, I wasn't a huge fan of it because I thought the MC was whiny and the other half of the love triangle was just... UGH. But I hope you enjoy it more than I did. (Plus there's always room for development in books 2+3 :)
    I've been eyeing the Bad Girls Don't Die trilogy for a pretty long time so I'll definitely need to pick that up soon.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking your 'ugh' comment as a positive sign that the love triangle isn't much. I hope I'm on the right team. LOL.
      I'm letting my sister read Bad Girls Don't Die first so she can tell md how it is. Heh. ;)

      And thank you for taking the ime to read my post! <3

      ~Zee

      Delete