Followers

October 28, 2015

Review ~ Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Stone Cold Touch cover

add to goodreads

Synopsis:

Every touch has its price

Layla Shaw is trying to pick up the pieces of her shattered life—no easy task for a seventeen-year-old who’s pretty sure things can’t get worse. Her impossibly gorgeous best friend, Zayne, is forever off-limits thanks to the mysterious powers of her soul-stealing kiss. The Warden clan that has always protected her is suddenly keeping dangerous secrets. And she can barely think about Roth, the wickedly hot demon prince who understood her in ways no one else could.

But sometimes rock bottom is only the beginning. Because suddenly Layla’s powers begin to evolve, and she’s offered a tantalizing taste of what has always been forbidden. Then, when she least expects it, Roth returns, bringing news that could change her world forever. She’s finally getting what she always wanted, but with hell literally breaking loose and the body count adding up, the price may be higher than Layla is willing to pay…

Purchase Links:

Amazon | B&N | iTunes | kobo | Book Depository


Review:

This book has the worst love triangle of all time. Need I say more?

I feel towards this book what I did in White Hot Kiss: Mostly likeable, sometimes enjoyable, never boring. I’m afraid this will be more like a rant than a review.

I still don’t like Layla, and I think my dislike is quickly turning into hate. In addition to being too girly, too whiny, and too childish for my taste, she’s also too dense. I didn’t really see a character development in this book. She’s still the same. It’s very annoying how little faith she had on Zayne when he had so much faith in her. They supposedly grew up together, so shouldn’t she know him better by now? She is very irritating. I don’t know where she got her fears and insecurities when it came to Zayne.

I still love Roth. And Bambi. And I’m coming to love the demon kittens, too. Words still wouldn’t do this demon justice so I won’t even try.

I don’t have anything to say about Zayne except, poor guy. He was never a choice, at least I didn't think so from what I've read.

I don’t understand how there can be a love triangle. It was so obvious, especially in this book, that Roth was it for Layla. I don’t understand why there had to be confusion and voting who would be her happily ever after. No, I’m not being biased because I’m team Roth. If you look at it closely, you’ll realize that Roth was really it for her. It was so obvious that she felt for the demon prince was so much more powerful than what she felt for the Warden. What she felt for Zayne wasn’t as intense as what she felt for Roth. It looked like all along, she was the one who thought of Zayne as her big brother instead of the other way around.

I still enjoyed reading the action scenes. I still have a love-hate relationship with this series. I think the thing is, this series (so far) is the typical Armentrout book. I have read all of it from her other paranormal/fantasy series. I keep hoping that I’d see something different, but meh. Still, I like her writing for a light read.

~ Zee

0 comments:

Post a Comment