Followers

September 11, 2014

Bookish Diary ~ I am one happy fangirl



I woke up this morning feeling grumpy and moody because I only had three hours of sleep and I have fourteen straight hours of non-stop work from my internship straight to my part-time job as a tutor. It's really exhausting, and I'm not a morning person to start with, so waking up in a bad mood is not really a surprise. However, a surprise did make me smile minutes after I sat up in bed.

I make it a habit to open my email first thing in the morning so I won't miss any memo from my internship or some other (bookish) things. When I checked my email right after sitting up in bed, I saw that I have 33 unread--and all of them a notification from Amazon that I have received a kindle book from author Ann Aguirre. I knew immediately what amazon is talking about since a couple of days ago Ms. Aguirre's assistant told me in an email that the author herself will gift kindle copies to me. I did not, however, realize how much books I'm going to receive.

Last month I participated in Ms. Aguirre's Big Mortal Danger Contest. It was held in honor of her new YA Book, Mortal Danger (Immortal Game #1). I won a "branded flash drive containing my backlist" (that's what was written in the contest prizes). It was fun participating in the contest, and it really made my creative mind going. I'm so happy I won something. Again, I just did not realize how much I won--until this morning.

So yeah, I received 33 (THIRTY-fricking-THREE!) kindle books--all of Ms. Aguirre's published books so far. Though I haven't read all of her books, she has become one of my favorite authors. There's something in her writing that catches me everytime I read something from her. So far I haven't read a book of hers that I didn't like, which makes me look forward in reading more. Then this, receiving all her books in one morning--it's just impossible not to lose the bad mood even in an unholy hour. To say I'm stunned might be an understatement. I'm so overwhelmed with that much books from one author and receiving it all in one morning.

Now, they're all sitting in my kindle happily waiting for me to read them. Here are some of them:




I've been really wanting to read I Want It That Way (because I'm a sucker for romance books and she wrote a New Adult!), Havoc (because I loved the first book, Perdition--it was brilliant and awesome!), and Mortal Danger (I'm a sucker for YA, too!). Now those three anticipated reads are sitting in my kindle waiting to be devoured. ;)

This is like receiving an early graduation gift (I'll be graduating college in December! YAY!). Although there wasn't an actual wrapper to tear, I'm still as giddy as a kid on Christmas/birthday. This is the biggest (and most overwhelming!) gift I've ever received.

I'd really hug this author if she's on hugging distance, but maybe someday. *winks, winks*
Those books really made my day. I can't thank her enough. *sending hugs to her all the way from the other half of the world*

~ Zee

0 comments:

Post a Comment